When it comes to makeup, I believe that less is more. Makeup should be used to enhance your natural beauty, not hide it, and so on a day-to-day basis I tend to go for a very natural and fresh-faced look. It is important to know that a big part of my everyday makeup routine is my skincare routine and trust me, it’s been a long journey! I will be putting up a post on my skin story but for now, these are my current favourites. I hope this helps some of you guys out 🙂
1. MAC Face and Body (shade C4) – I love this foundation because it is incredibly light, slightly dewy, and it never leaves my skin feeling caked up, even after hours of it being worn. It doesn’t have a lot of coverage, but this is what I use to even out my skin tone and then I go in with some concealer to cover up my imperfections. *Note: I don’t wear foundation everyday, but when I do it’s this one.
2. Maybelline Instant Anti-Age (shade Nude) – this product is a cult amongst many beauty bloggers, and I have to say, I can see why. I use this product under my eyes to correct any discolouration. For night time, I would use something with a heavier coverage, but for daytime it is perfect and so affordable!
3. Revlon Photoready Concealer (shade Light Medium 003) – this is a stick concealer that I use on the rest of my face to cover up any blemishes. I love the consistency and it’s the perfect shade for me to use even when I’m not wearing foundation. Some days I’ll just use this and my Maybelline Instant Anti-Age on my skin and I’ll be good to go.
4. Topshop Brow Pencil (shade Brown) – I tried this pencil on a whim and I have been very impressed with it. It comes with a brush on one end and the colour on the other. The way I use it is by first brushing through my brow in the direction that I want, then filling them in, and then brushing through again to smooth out the colour and finish the brows off. The pencil is creamy and blendable, and I love the natural look it gives. *Also available in Blonde.
5. MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – I use this powder to set my concealer and prevent shine, so I mostly use this in my T-zone and under my eyes. I like that it’s finely milled and transparent so it doesn’t cake up or change the colour of my makeup.
6. MAC Eye Pencil (shade Coffee) – I love a good liquid liner cat flick as much as the next girl, and if I’m going out for dinner that’s what I’ll gravitate towards, but on an everyday basis I love the subtlety of a brown eyeliner lining my top lashes. It makes my lashes look fuller without looking dramatic and the pencil itself is fool-proof.
7. Maybelline the Colossal Go Extreme Volum’ – this has been my go-to mascara for the past couple of months. I seem to have quite oily eyelids so mascara tends to fall down after a few hours, and it’s fair to say that raccoon eyes are not a good look on anybody. This has been one of the first mascaras I’ve found that doesn’t do that. Although the brush on this is quite big so it takes a few tries to get it right, it gives great volume and length.
8. NYX Blush (shade Mauve) – this blush is lovely for Spring and Summer. It is a powder blush with good pigmentation, and the shade of it is a pretty peachy coral colour.
9. MAC Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder (shade Nude On Board) – this is a limited edition bronzer from MAC and I’m so sad that I’ve hit pan on this. The MAC bronzers in general are pretty great and this one has served me so well. It gives a subtle golden glow and blends in seamlessly.
10. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish (shade Soft & Gentle) – I never knew what I was missing until I started using this product. Another favourite amongst many beauty bloggers, this beautiful little gem gives such a gorgeous and natural glow to the skin, and photographs so well, too. It’s in the new magnetised MAC packaging, and the way I apply it is by lightly dusting it on the tops of my cheek bones, just above my blush, as well as on my brow bone. Use this stuff sparingly because it can go shimmer-crazy very easily!
11. Labello Lip Butter (flavour Vanilla & Macadamia) – this little tub goes absolutely everywhere with me. I love the consistency, I love the smell, and I love how soft my lips feel after I’ve used it. Great little lip butter.
12. MAC Matte Lipstick (shade Kinda Sexy) – and last but not least, the lipstick I’ll use if I want to add a little colour to my lips. Everyone knows the deal with MAC lipsticks – they’re great – and I happened to stumble upon this one in my mom’s makeup bag. It’s a nude with a peachy tinge and I just find that I get a lot of use out of it. It’s sophisticated yet playful, perfectly described by it’s name; Kinda Sexy.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13075981/?claim=vksfqf3uqax”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>